Associate Vice-President Research
Concordia University of Edmonton
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders, and citizens for the common good.
CUE campus is situated on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton’s historic Highlands neighborhood. Supporting a student body of over 3,000, we are known for our small class sizes and our excellence in teaching. Our small classes and diverse student population provide an excellent opportunity for engaging with students in a sustained and nurturing way unique within the Canadian university system. CUE is an institution that values research in the sciences, social sciences, humanities, and management. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre-eminent small university.
CUE is seeking candidates for the position of Associate Vice-President of Research. Reporting to the Vice President Academic and Provost this position will oversee the Office of Research Services and all matters related to the research activity of faculty and students at CUE.
• Oversee, support, and manage the research activities, of both faculty and students across campus.
• Work in collaboration with faculty, students, and administration to continue to implement the Strategic Research Plan.
• Ensure policy, procedures, and various relevant structures are developed and revised as appropriate.
• Advance CUE’s research, encouraging internal and external strategic collaborations, partnerships, and engagement across disciplines.
• Enhance CUE’s success with the federal granting councils, potential donors, and international opportunities.
• Promote inclusive excellence in all research endeavours.
• Strengthen institutional supports that cultivate excellence and success in research endeavours, supporting CUE’s commitment to outstanding undergraduate and graduate research.
• Inspire curiosity and creativity, encourage collegiality and collaboration, and empower the CUE community to be successful in performing a rich array of research activities.
• PhD required
• Appointable at rank of Assistant Professor with demonstrated excellence as a leader and administrator within a multi-perspective and collegial environment.
• Academic research background required with a track record of advancing the research mission of an academic unit.
• Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Demonstrated ability to balance consultation with sound decision-making, and to be an excellent listener, communicator, motivator, and a person of unassailable integrity and character.
Closing Date: Position will remain posted until filled.
To apply, please go to https://apply.workable.com/concordia-university-of-edmonton/j/4BA6E1C228/ and submit a cover letter and resume in one PDF.
Concordia University of Edmonton encourages applications from members of racialized groups, visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, women, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression, and others who may support a diversity of perspectives at CUE. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.