Director of the Education Program
Universidad Torcuato Di Tella
Universidad Torcuato Di Tella invites applications for Head of the Education Area position in its School of Government. The starting date is September 1, 2019 or such other date as is negotiated with the successful candidate. The candidate should be innovative, decisive, open to new ideas and have demonstrable experience in building research capacity and inspiring teams. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in reshaping the School’s menu of graduate programs on Education and in consolidating the area into the country´s top education group. Depending on his/her academic credentials and time availability candidates will be considered as Associate Professor (tenured track position) or as Ordinary Professor (non tenured track position)
Candidates must have:
1. A Ph.D. or Master´s degree in Education or related social sciences.
2. Intellectual leadership skills
3. Experience in the delivery of education a knowledge of the current challenges facing the education sector.
4. Familiarity with education programs in top global universities.
5. Experience with external stakeholder engagement and facilitating collaborations. Published or unpublished works revealing a potential for and commitment to original thinking and applied research.
6. Potential for teaching excellence in our programs.
7. Ability to work in Spanish.
The selection process is subject to the Universidad Torcuato Di Tella Academic Statute Rules, available here: https://bit.ly/2WMyWqi
Applicants should send the following materials:
1. Cover letter identifying, motivation and interest, and how the candidate´s past experience relates to the challenges of the position.
2. A detailed curriculum vita.
3. Three samples of published or unpublished academic work.
4. Name and contact information of three referees.
5. Where available, teaching evaluations and taught courses syllabi.
The deadline for submitting applications and further information is: August 1, 2019.
To send application materials and for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be kept confidential.
About the School of Government: www.utdt.edu/gobierno