Executive Director, Human Resources
College of New Caledonia
REFERENCE NUMBER: 18-009AP
The Executive Director, Human Resources is accountable for the development and overall strategic management of the human resources function for the College. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a diverse knowledge and experience in the various areas of Human Resources Management and leadership capabilities in the areas of collaboration, negotiation, teamwork, driving change and support of the college’s strategic plan.
The College of New Caledonia is located in scenic central British Columbia, at the hub of BC’s economic growth with campuses in Vanderhoof, Mackenzie, Burns Lake, Fort St. James, Quesnel and Prince George. Information on the College can be found at: http://www.cnc.bc.ca
Prince George is a mid-sized city of about 74,000 people located in central British Columbia on the traditional territory of the Lheidli T’enneh. Surrounded by tree-covered hills and a short drive in all directions to the beautiful BC outdoors, Prince George has all of the amenities of a large city mixed with the charm and friendliness of a small town. As the largest city in the surrounding region, Prince George is a family-friendly city of opportunities where you can move up in your career, achieve your educational and home-ownership goals, while still affording an exceptional lifestyle. Additional information on life in Prince George can be found at: https://moveupprincegeorge.ca/ and http://www.studynorthbc.ca/
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS:
The following are required of the incumbent:
• A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in Human Resources, supplemented by a minimum of ten (10) years of progressively senior management accountabilities with a minimum of five (5) years at a leadership level;
• Chartered Professional in Human Resources;
• Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-unionized environment, preferably in a public sector;
• Demonstrated significant leadership skills and experience in developing and executing innovative plans, leading organizational change, developing teams, and promoting culture change;
• Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, relationship building, coaching, conflict resolution and negotiation skills;
• Proven managerial, financial and employee relations skills;
• Demonstrated experience with the administration and negotiation of collective agreements as well as a history of successful labour relations within a unionized environment.
Hiring criteria shall include professional qualifications, professional experience, administrative experience, community awareness and personal attributes such as teamwork, relationship building, communication skills and leadership.
You will promote a positive work atmosphere and communicate in a professional manner that demonstrates mutual respect with students and colleagues.
You will be part of a team actively engaged in contributing to and accomplishing the vision, mission and goals of the College and in supporting the aspirations and needs of our learners and communities.
SALARY: The salary range for the position is $92,975 - $142,562, with an excellent benefits package;
• Details on the benefits program can be found at: http://www.cnc.bc.ca/Assets/Intranet/Human+Resources/Benefits/Admin+Benefits.pdf
• The College Pension Plan link is: http://www.pensionsbc.ca/portal/page/portal/PEN_CORP_HOME/
START DATE: August 1, 2018
SCREENING DATE: Screening of applications will begin on May 1, 2018. Applications received up until this date will be reviewed, applications received after this date may be considered. Interviews will take place in Prince George on Thursday and Friday, May 31 and June 1, 2018.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: For further details on this position, or to apply, visit this opportunity at http://cnc.peopleadmin.ca/postings/2085. You will receive a reply email to acknowledge receipt of your application.
For information on other employment opportunities with the College, please check our website at: https://cnc.peopleadmin.ca
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CNC embraces the principles of employment equity.