Tenure Track Faculty Position, Nursing
University of Alberta
University of Alberta
Faculty of Nursing
Tenure Track Faculty Position
Competition No. - A102343140
Closing Date - Will remain open until filled.
The Faculty of Nursing is seeking outstanding scholars for tenure-track positions. Specifically, we are looking for doctoral prepared, career faculty members that bring expertise to research, teaching, and academic citizenship.
We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply. In addition, we encourage applicants with experience in curriculum development.
What you can expect:
As a new faculty member, you will join one of the top nursing faculties globally. We are consistently ranked within the top two nursing programs in Canada and currently 14th globally (QS World University Rankings by Subject). As the largest nursing faculty in the country, we are one of only six in Canada to offer a full range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Our priorities include:
• Providing students with exceptional learning opportunities in undergraduate and graduate programs.
• Maintaining excellence in research through mentorship and support.
• Enhancing the integration of teaching, research and practice.
• Infusing global citizenship into all aspects of academic nursing.
• Fostering Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity (EDI) in teaching, research and practice.
Visit us at www.nursing.ualberta.ca to learn more about the Faculty of Nursing.
Our Academic Faculty members are scholars active in teaching, research, and service. Incumbents are developing (in Assistant Professor positions) or have established (in Associate or Professor positions) programs of research, supervise graduate students, teach in both the graduate and undergraduate nursing programs, and contribute to Faculty, University, and community service.
Teaching (standard allocation of time is 40%)
• Participates in undergraduate and graduate teaching programs, including classroom teaching, and advising /supervising undergraduate honors and graduate students.
Research (standard allocation of time is 40%)
• Leads a program of research, participates in multidisciplinary research, and the dissemination of results.
Service (standard allocation of time is 20%)
• Provides service to the discipline of Nursing; participates in governance of the University and the Faculty; and disseminates knowledge to the broader arena by making available their expertise and knowledge of the discipline.
As a qualified applicant, you hold a PhD, have an identified research focus and demonstrate commitment to teaching excellence. We require the following:
• PhD in Nursing (or a related discipline).
• Current registration or eligibility for registration as a nurse with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta.
• Evidence of an identified research focus and demonstrated potential for success in peer-reviewed grant applications.
• Commitment to teaching excellence and supervision of undergraduate honors students, graduate students and Post-Doctoral Fellows.
If interested, you are invited to submit a letter of interest outlining your research interests, teaching expertise, major contributions, a curriculum vitae, and the names of three referees. Applications are submitted on line via the University of Alberta Careers website: https://www.careers.ualberta.ca/
Online applications are accepted until midnight MST of the closing date. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
To assist the University in complying with mandatory reporting requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (R203(3) (e)), please include the first digit of your Canadian Social Insurance Number in your application. If you do not have a Canadian Social Insurance Number, please indicate this in your application.
Interested applicants may apply to: https://apptrkr.com/2203898
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.