Instructor, Strategy and Global Management
University of Calgary
The Haskayne School of Business (HSB) at the University of Calgary invites applications for a Tenure Track Instructor position in the area of Business Law. The successful candidate is expected to teach eight course sections per year at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The proposed start date is April 2021, with an option to negotiate an earlier or later start.
All candidates must have:
• A JD or LLB, with a Master’s or PhD degree in a relevant area completed or in process by the time of hire
• A combination of law and business expertise (preferably an MBA or equivalent degree, or significant business experience in addition to a Law degree)
• Expertise in Canadian business law, with an ability to tie it to business practices and operations
• Evidence of effective teaching in the area of business law at the post-secondary level, with excellent student evaluations
• Proficiency in online instruction and expertise in the use of virtual learning resources and practices is an asset
• Administrative skills required to coordinate multi-section courses
• Relevant professional credentials (e.g., professional accreditation; membership in provincial law societies)
• Evidence of successful teamwork and a collegial approach to interacting with colleagues, students and other stakeholders.
Expected duties include:
• Teaching undergraduate and graduate SGMA courses in the area of Business Law
• Coordinating and administering multi-lectured core courses
• Actively participating in projects related to teaching and learning, curriculum development, and implementation, as needed
• Participating in activities related to the study of teaching and learning (e.g., teaching and learning research; writing case studies; disseminating research to professional communities).
Accredited by AACSB International, the Haskayne School of Business is a progressive and innovative business school. Our mission is to create and communicate knowledge of critical significance, while contributing to the development of our students as leaders of moral character with professional ability equal to the best in their field. With 4,000 full and part-time students currently enrolled in bachelor's, master's, PhD, DBA and executive education programs, the business school boasts more than 25,000 alumni in 60 countries around the globe.
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit an application online via UCalgary Careers (careers.ucalgary.ca). Applicants should submit a single pdf file, including an application letter, curriculum vitae and copies of research papers. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide three letters of reference.
Questions may be addressed to:
Dr. Liena Kano, Chair, Strategy and Global Management Area Recruiting Committee,
Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
2500 University Drive N.W.
Canada T2N 1N4
Application Deadline: December 10, 2020
For more information and apply: https://business.careers.ucalgary.ca/jobs/5818643-instructor-strategy-and-global-management-haskayne-school-of-business
The University of Calgary has launched an institution-wide Indigenous Strategy in line with the foundational goals of Eyes High, committing to creating a rich, vibrant, and culturally competent campus that welcomes and supports Indigenous Peoples, encourages Indigenous community partnerships, is inclusive of Indigenous perspectives in all that we do.
The University of Calgary recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society. We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our diversity and will support their academic and professional success while they are here. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. In this connection, at the time of your application, please answer the following question: Are you a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada? (Yes/No)
About the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary is Canada’s leading next-generation university – a living, growing and youthful institution that embraces change and opportunity with a can-do attitude. Located in the nation’s most enterprising city, the university is making tremendous progress on its Eyes High journey to be recognized as one of Canada’s top five research universities, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully integrated with the community it both serves and leads. The University of Calgary inspires and supports discovery, creativity and innovation across all disciplines. For more information, visit ucalgary.ca.
About Calgary, Alberta
Calgary is one of the world's cleanest cities and has been named one of the world's most livable cities for years. Calgary is a city of leaders - in business, community, philanthropy and volunteerism. Calgarians benefit from a growing number of world-class dining and cultural events and enjoy more days of sunshine per year than any other major Canadian city. Calgary is less than an hour's drive from the majestic Rocky Mountains and boasts the most extensive urban pathway and bikeway network in North America.