PROFESSOR OF OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT
Université du Québec à Montréal
UQAM is seeking qualified candidates to join its faculty and ensure quality development in all areas of activity.
The Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) is world-renowned. The School of Management (ESG UQAM) is UQAM’s largest faculty with 300 professors, 3 Canada Research Chairs, 12 Research Partnership Chairs and 6 inter-university research centres. The School of Management (ESG UQAM)’s Department of Organization and Human Resources is comprised of 45 professors from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds, including human resources management, organizational behaviour, labour relations, industrial and organizational psychology, organizational development, and social and collective business management.
All Department of Organization and Human Resources job postings can be found at https://orh.esg.uqam.ca/offres-demploi/
Occupational health and safety management is a major human, social and economic issue in an environment in which companies strive to remain competitive in a global market while ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for their employees. The department is seeking an occupational health and safety professor who will:
• Teach and supervise occupational health and safety in current and future programs at the undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels
• Perform research and release publications on organizational dimensions of occupational health or safety and develop a competitive research program in the field
• Supervise students at all three academic levels (internships, intervention projects, master’s and doctoral theses)
• Perform community services: contribute to department, school and university activities that promote community outreach
• PhD in administration, or equivalent, human resources management, public health, industrial relations, psychology, or related disciplines, with thesis or recent research on aspects of occupational health or safety
• Ability to teach occupational health and safety to students at all three academic levels, as evidenced by student evaluations
• Experience and research achievements in the field of occupational health or safety, as demonstrated by scientific publications and research grants
• Proven experience of the ability and skills to integrate into a multidisciplinary team and work collaboratively
• Fluent in French (spoken and written)*
• Expertise in planning or evaluating occupational health and safety prevention programs and interventions considered an asset
• Experience in workplace health and safety interventions also considered an asset
* The successful candidate must demonstrate a functional mastery of the French language (ability to teach in French) before the starting date. Adequate proficiency in the French language (level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is required to obtain tenure in accordance with the provisions of the UQAM-SPUQ’s collective agreement. French-language classes may be offered.
STARTING DATE: June 1, 2021
SALARY: Based on the UQAM-SPUQ collective agreement
The Université du Québec à Montréal supports equal access to employment. If you are a woman, a member of a visible minority, a member of an ethnic group, an Indigenous person or a person with a disability who meets the requirements of this position, UQAM invites you to apply. We encourage people who identify with any of these groups to complete the Identification Questionnaire at the link below and attach it to their application: www.rhu.uqam.ca/visitors/egalite (French only). Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a detailed, dated and signed resumé in French, along with a cover letter (two pages maximum), three letters of reference, a summary of their research plan (three pages maximum), a teaching philosophy (three pages maximum) and student evaluations of teaching BEFORE 5 P.M. (EST) ON NOVEMBER 1 to:
Joanne Renaud, Executive Secretary
Department of Organization and Human Resources
School of Management (ESG UQAM)
Université du Québec à Montréal
Phone: 514-987-3000 ext. 3396