Tenure Track Position in Entrepreneurship & Strategy
Located in downtown Toronto, the largest and most culturally diverse city in Canada, Ryerson University, is on the territory of the Anishinaabeg, Haudenosaunee and the Wendat Peoples and is known for innovative programs built on the integration of theoretical and practical learning. Our undergraduate and graduate programs are distinguished by a professionally focused curriculum with a strong emphasis on excellence in teaching, scholarly research and creative activities. Ryerson is known for its culture of entrepreneurship and innovation and is recognized as a city builder, as it continues its growth through award-winning architecture and expansion of its campus.
Dedicated to a people first culture, Ryerson is proud to have been selected as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and a Greater Toronto’s Top Employer for every year since 2015. To learn more about our work environment, please visit us on Twitter: @RyersonU, @RyersonHR and @RyersonECI and our LinkedIn company page. We invite you to explore employment at Ryerson. Aboriginal candidates who would like to learn more about working at Ryerson University are welcome to contact Tracey King, Indigenous Human Resources Lead at email@example.com.
The Department of Entrepreneurship & Strategy in the Ted Rogers School of Management (TRSM) at Ryerson University invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor. The appointment shall be effective July 1, 2020, subject to final budgetary approval.
Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University (TRSM) is developing collaborative, creative leaders who will drive 21st century business forward while making a positive impact on society. Home to 11,000+ students and more than 250 industry-connected faculty, TRSM is Canada's leading diverse, entrepreneurial business school centred in an urban learning environment. TRSM offers 12 Bachelor of Commerce degrees, a Bachelor of Health Administration degree, a Masters of Health Administration in Community Care, the Ted Rogers MBA, Professional Masters Diplomas, Executive Education courses, and a Masters of Science in Management. A PhD in Management is anticipated to begin in 2020, pending approvals. TRSM is also home to 15 innovative research centres, institutes and labs. www.ryerson.ca/tedrogersschool
Our faculty members are committed to scholarly excellence, innovative teaching, and engagement with the community and are involved with entrepreneurship initiatives across the campus, as teachers, coaches and advisors.
This position falls under the jurisdiction of the Ryerson Faculty Association (RFA) (www.rfanet.ca).
The RFA collective agreement can be viewed here and a summary of RFA benefits can be found here
The successful candidate will engage in a combination of teaching, research and service duties, maintaining an inclusive, equitable, and collegial work environment across all activities. Working with a team of established entrepreneurship and strategy scholars, the incumbent’s primary responsibilities will be to contribute to research, curriculum development and program delivery in both entrepreneurship & strategy at the undergraduate and graduate level as well as to engage in the life of the Department, Faculty and University through service activities.
Candidates must have a PhD in Entrepreneurship or Strategy from an AACSB accredited institution and demonstrate their academic success through:
- strong, innovative and impactful emerging program of scholarly research with publications including at least one which is in a top journal in the field and other noteworthy activities that contribute to the visibility and prominence of the discipline;
- fresh perspectives on pedagogy relating to the fields of entrepreneurship or strategy, including bringing new teaching styles and recent innovative ideas and knowledge from the field;
- successful experience independently teaching undergraduate and graduate courses with a well-developed understanding of effective pedagogical practices and course management skills;
- evidence of commitment to student learning in and outside of the classroom;
- a commitment to our values of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion as it pertains to service, teaching, and scholarly research and creative activities, including a demonstrated ability to make learning accessible and inclusive for a diverse student population and through participation in university partnerships bringing race, gender, sexual orientation, ability, age, religion, FNMI perspectives, Indigeneity, culturally relevant pedagogy, feminist approaches to the forefront.
- an ability to contribute to the life of the Department, Faculty and the University through collegial service; and
- a combination of skills and experiences that demonstrate expertise, knowledge in this field, e.g. conference presentations, workshops led or trade articles published.
Equity at Ryerson
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
Ryerson University welcomes those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. In addition, to correct the conditions of disadvantage in employment in Canada, we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their application online via the Faculty Recruitment Portal (click on “Start Application Process” to begin). The review of applications will begin in December 2019 and will continue until January 31, 2020. The application must contain the following:
- a letter of application;
- a detailed curriculum vitae;
- a one page statement of research specialization and interests;
- a one page statement of teaching experience;
- results of teaching evaluations if any; and
- names of three individuals who may be contacted for references.
Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Candidates must therefore indicate in their application if they are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada.
Any confidential inquiries can be directed to the DHC Chair Sean Wise at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ryerson is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. For any confidential accommodation needs and/or inquiries regarding accessing the Faculty Recruitment Portal, please contact Jennifer Tejay, HR Advisor, at email@example.com