Tenure-Track Sports Management Faculty Position
Trinity Western University
The School of Human Kinetics in Trinity Western University invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Sport Management to begin in August 2024. The successful candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate programs. Examples of courses that the candidate may teach, include but are not limited to the following: Sport Management, Sport Facility Management, as well as other Human Kinetic courses. Additionally, candidates are expected to engage in appropriate professional and scholarly activities, advise students, and carry out other faculty responsibilities. More information about Trinity Western’s School of Human Kinetics can be found at www.twu.ca/school-human-kinetics
• An earned doctorate in Sport Management or related field is highly preferred. Applicants with ABD will be considered.
• Established, or demonstrated ability to establish, a record of teaching excellence.
• Experience in the sport industry.
• Ability to interact with students as an academic advisor and mentor.
• Ability to work in a diverse and multicultural community.
• TWU seeks applications who are committed Christians and able to articulate the intersection of Christian faith and human kinetics, specifically related to their discipline.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Teach undergraduate courses in sport management program and graduate courses in the Sport Administration specialization in MBA program.
• Engagement with professional communities.
• Model genuine Christian faith in and beyond the classroom
• Engagement with students outside the classroom, including advising, social interaction, and informal academic and cultural settings.
• Intentionally and explicitly integrate the Christian faith with teaching and scholarship.
• Participation in the work of the university, including serving on university committees as needed.
Trinity Western University is Canada’s premier Christian University of the arts, sciences, and professions. Recognized for quality, TWU is consistently ranked among the top two universities in Canada for Educational Experience by the National Survey of Student Engagement; holds four Canada Research Chairs; wins National Championships in U Sports; and emphasizes experiential learning to prepare graduates to make a global impact. TWU has been developing leaders of character and competence for more than 50 years. Interested candidates are asked to carefully review the TWU Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, and Community Covenant (available here https://www.twu.ca/about-us/commitments). Successful candidates must be willing to support these statements during their employment at TWU.
All prospective faculty are required to submit the following as part of their online application:
• a cover letter;
• a curriculum vitae;
• verification of doctoral (or terminal) degree;
• signed Statement of Faith and Community Covenant; and
• a document (no more than two pages) which describes how you anticipate your Christian faith would influence your teaching and scholarship if you were a faculty member at TWU.
Please complete the online application available here https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=5fc58ca0-c392-450c-83fe-7fa1cbfbf700&ccId=2465155412_6591&type=MP&lang=en_CA; only complete applications will be considered. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
The application web location can also be found at:
Trinity Western University encourages applications from all eligible candidates who are able to commit to the university’s mission, values, and Christian identity as articulated in its Statement of Faith and Community Covenant. We are committed to an ethic of inclusion and to the equal treatment of all persons without discrimination in accordance with human rights law. We particularly invite applications from indigenous people, women, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations during the application process should contact Isabel Lopez (Isabel.Lopez@twu.ca) in the Human Resources Department.
Benefits Of Working At TWU:
• A comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health, dental, and insurance and an RRSP matching program.
• Annual statutory holidays (14) with generous vacation accruement.
• Tuition Benefit for TWU undergraduate and graduate level courses to enhance knowledge and professional competency.
• Torch tuition scholarship for dependents of eligible employees attending TWU.
• Free access to TWU’s fitness/gym facilities and the Norma Marion Alloway Library.
• Discounts and perks for the on-site Trinity Western Outfitters Campus Store cafeterias and bookstore, as well as shops and restaurants in Fort Langley.
• Wellness benefits (i.e., counselling, sick days, personal days, and health/wellness spending account).
• Free recreational equipment rentals (e.g., paddle boards, snowshoes, kayaks, etc.).
• Free employee parking on campus.
• Special community events throughout the year.
• Employee and Family Assistance Plan (EFAP).
• A positive Christian fellowship environment.
Trinity Western University is located on the traditional ancestral territory of the Sto:lo people.