Associate Provost Academic Affairs (Vancouver Campus)
Fairleigh Dickinson University
Fairleigh Dickinson University Vancouver Campus offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs to almost 1000 mostly international students. We provide students with a personalized, supportive environment, small classes, and strong student academic support. FDUV is located in downtown Vancouver at two locations in Yaletown. FDUV programs are professionally oriented and build on the over 75-year history of FDU campuses in New Jersey. FDU is a private, not for profit university accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and holds the Education Quality Assurance (EQA) designation for public and private institutions in B.C. that meet or exceed quality assurance standards set by the province of B.C.
The Associate Provost for Academic Affairs works with the University Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, and the FDU Vancouver Campus Executive to provide leadership to academic initiatives, programs and structures that support faculty, students and academic programs and their leaders on the Vancouver Campus of Fairleigh Dickinson University. The position reports directly to the University Provost and requires exceptional intellectual leadership, active engagement with FDU and higher education in British Columbia, and a high level of interpersonal, administrative, and writing skills.
1. A doctoral degree from an accredited university.
2. At least five years of successful experience in academic leadership (department chair, associate dean or dean level would be suitable). Experience with higher education in Canada is essential.
3. Distinguished record of teaching and commitment to student life and learning. Experience in an international setting or working with international students is highly desirable.
4. Demonstrated history of research and scholarship, including successful external grant applications. Experience mentoring faculty members is desired.
5. Demonstrated experience in curriculum development, program review, and new program development. Experience with on-line teaching would be beneficial.
6. Ability to manage and implement academic initiatives and programs.
7. Ability to communicate effectively and make data-informed decisions in a manner consistent with the principle of transparency.
8. Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with the University Provost and other senior institutional leaders.
9. Ability to use discretion and sound judgement in handling sensitive and complex issues.
10. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Insurance Number or Social Security Card.
11. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
A detailed position description is available here FDU - Job Site | Associate Provost for Academic Affairs—Vancouver Campus (https://jobs.fdu.edu/postings/8751); and information on FDU and the Vancouver Campus is here: Vancouver Campus | Fairleigh Dickinson University (fdu.edu) (https://www.fdu.edu/campuses/vancouver-campus/)
FDU is a community committed to upholding the values of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. FDU acknowledges and fully supports the diverse and intersectional identities of its students, faculty, and staff.
We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person and to voluntarily self-identify during the application process. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.
Requests for accommodation due to a disability or any other protected characteristic can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and during employment by contacting our Human Resource Director directly.